Saturday, August 16, 2008

More on Promotion

If you read the comment I made to Billie's post, I'd definitely promote. I promote whenever and wherever I can.

Do I ever get burned out? Sometimes when I'm at a book fair or craft festival, I get tired of standing up and smiling at everyone and might take a short break and sit--but even then I keep on smiling and trying to make eye contact. Recently, I did far better selling at an art festival than any of the arts and crafts persons (not as well as the food vendors who always do the best). The reason? I didn't remain seated behind my table and only talk to other vendors. One person who bought two of my books told me I was the only friendly vendor at the festival and that's why she was buying from me. That proves my point.

Something else I learned at that festival, if it's an outdoor festival and they say you don't need to bring anything, to be on the safe side take along a table, chairs and shelter of some sort. At this last art festival I was told I didn't need anything and that was wrong information. We had chairs in the car, but nothing else. I borrowed a card table from someone I knew at the event and fortunately my spot was under a tree. By moving things around periodically, I stayed in the shade. At any of these events, alwasy bring change. I also have a notebook where I keep track of what I sell. A guestbook is displayed for people to sign up for my ebook maillist. If you'd like to received it just email me at mmeredith@ocsnet.net with Newsletter in the Subject. You can tell me you want off at any time.

I hope you are all signing up for Oak Tree's writing conference as I'm going to be there--and I'd like to meet you.

Marilyn
http://fictionforyou.com

No comments: