Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Planning for Next Year

I'm pleased that Oak Tree Press will be publishing the next in my Rocky Bluff P.D. series. And, I'm already filling my 2009 calendar with events to promote that book.

So far I'm giving a talk to a local Women's Club, a library in another town, a writing group at a book store, a romance writers group about getting published, going to a writers conference as a speaker, I'm going to the L.A. Times Book Festival, spending three days at a county fair in a writers booth, going to the Public Safety Writers Conference and Mayhem in the Midlands.

The reason I'm telling you this is not to brag, but perhaps give you some ideas on how you can promote your books.

Recently someone said that I had a lot of energy. No, it's not that, I just want to do what I can to promote my books while I can. Selling books takes a lot of effort on the author's part. Yes, the publisher has things to do too, but if you don't get out there an hustle, your sales will show it.

Of course I'll do another blog tour like I'm on right now for my latest book.

I hope this has sparked some enthusiasm for promotion.

Marilyn
http://fictionforyou.com

No comments: