Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Promotion

Based upon advice received here, and going back and reviewing the Colophon newsletter, I have taken the following actions to promote my book, Gumbo Justice, due out this summer: (1) I have created a website, gumbojustice.net (dot com was already taken); (2) I also reserved the website Hollicastillo, my name, just in case, since it was only $10 for the year; (3) I created a facebook account, and immediately found several people I knew from college and high school. (I have a myspace account already.) I contacted the people and began networking; (4) I e-mailed my website, which is still very much under construction, but pretty cool-looking nevertheless, and asked several people I know who will buy my book for their advice on it; (5) I started making a list of people who may read and review my book; (6) I e-mailed the link to the pre-order at Barnes and Noble to my friends and family, although I do fear B&N may remove the pre-order ability when they learn the novel is not scheduled to come out in 120 days; (7) I made a list of all of the things I need to learn about, like blog tours, how to navigate certain promotion websites, and what exactly do I provide early readers to read; (8) I made a list of things I need to do for the website, for instance, I would like to take photos of the real New Orleans places I used in my book, such as the courthouse, St. Charles Ave., the projects, and upload the photos of the places to the website. And I did this all since yesterday. I think I'm off to a decent start.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Good for you, Holli, you are definitely off to a good start. Have you made yourself a follower of this blog yet? That's a good idea too. It helps the blog.

Marilyn
http://fictionforyou.com

BillieJohn said...

Wow, Holli, great work!

Billie