Friday, December 5, 2008

With my book, The Pot Thief Who Studied Pythagoras, due out next month, I've been collecting all the helpful hints about promoting a book that have been posted here. Thanks to all of you for the good ideas. Now I finally have one to offer, although I'd guess others have thought of it. The alumni magazine from the University of New Mexico where I received my MA has agreed to list the publication of my book in the section that notes what alums have been up to. Even better, they are going to run a full-page ad for the book. Since it's set in New Mexico, I'm hoping many other Lobos will buy the book.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Good idea. It works with high school alumni magazines too. I'll have a article about me in the next issue of our high school alumni magazine.

For those of you writing mysteries, if you have a local Sisters in Crime group nearby, they are always looking for speakers and they are usually pretty good book buyers.

Marilyn
http://fictionforyou.com