Thursday, February 5, 2009

I've Got No Business Being Here but...



On my personal blog I wrote about learning how to juggle which I feel like I'm doing.

Just briefly, I'm promoting No Sanctuary, my latest Rocky Bluff Crime novel from Oak Tree via the Internet every way I can think of.

I've started a new book in the series and have another done that I need to go over before sending it in. I'll soon have to do that with a book I've just finished in another mystery series I've authored with another publisher. And it's possible I'll be ghost writing another book--something I do periodically. Oh, and I'm also the program chair for the Public Safety Writers Association conference. http://www.publicsafetywriterc.com Oak Tree publisher will be there. This is a great conference.

Okay, this is what I'm doing so far in the promo of No Sanctuary.

Planned book launch at my church, made posters, will send out emails and post where locals will see it.

Doing twitters every so often about book. Everyone should be using twitter.com

Posting on my personal blog every single day. (Not always about book, but sneak it in whenever possible. http://marilynmeredith.blogspot.com

Posting periodically on my Rocky Bluff P.D. blog. http://rockybluffpd.blogspot.com
Basically this is a blog about the town of Rocky Bluff. Characters post from time to time.

I also post once a week on the Stiletto Gang blog--don't talk about my book there all the time, but do sneak in stuff at times. Once every two weeks I'm on Make Mine Mystery.

Once I get books, I'll be sending some out for review--always ask reviewer first if they'd like to review the book.

I talk about my book on different listserves that I'm on.

The month of March I'm doing a virtual blog tour. I'll certainly be letting everyone know where I'll be each day so you can follow me along if you're so inclined. I've done several blog tours and they're fun but time consuming.

I'm going to several conferences and conventions: Epicon, Mayhem in the Midlands, California Crime Writers conference, and Public Safety Writers Association.

I've already lined up several speaking engagements: Sunny arranged for the Hanford Library,I'll have a booth at the Celebration of the Whales, Willow Bridge Book Store, Yosemite Romance Writers, L.A. Times Book Festival, San Joaquin Sisters in Crime, Writers of Kern. That's through June.

Hopefully, that'll give some of you ideas.

I'm trying to get more library gigs, especially this summer.

I'm looking forward to it all.

Marilyn a.k.a. F.M. Meredith

5 comments:

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

Whew! You are one busy writer! I'm still trying to figure out a juggling routine that works.

Jane Kennedy Sutton
http://janekennedysutton.blogspot.com/

F. M. Meredith, author said...

My day usually begins with me checking emails--wish I could wait, but can't.

Next I try to write on my work-in-progress while I have lots of ideas usually stop in the middle of a scene so I can get right back into it when I start again.

Afternoon and/or evening I do promo stuff. Usually take Fridays off to fool around with hubby. Grin

Marilyn
http://rockybluffpd.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

Interesting title for your post. Sounds to me like you know exactly what you're doing! I have almost no schedule since my days revolve around caring for my grandson and I never know when I will have time to do anything else!

Sharon
http://grandmaisawriter.blogspot.com

F. M. Meredith, author said...

Taking care of small kids does put a dent into any kind of writing schedule. However, I took care of three grandkids, 2, 3, and 5 when I wrote my first book. I did it at the end of my dining room table while they had a great time playing.

I had to walk one to kindergarten every day and walk back to get her, carrying one and the other walking beside me.

When they went home in the evening with their mom, I cleaned up the mess. Oh don't get me wrong, I fed them breakfast, lunch and snacks, kissed boo-boos, and laughed with them--but I still got that book written.

I was highly motivated to write that book before I went back to work at a real job.

And I got lots of rejections, nearly 30, before I found a publisher with many rewrites in between.

Marilyn

Morgan Mandel said...

Good luck with your new book. Sounds you'll make your luck happen.

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com