Thursday, February 19, 2009

Marilyn Meredith’s buying crime tape for her book launch is the latest idea I plan to copy if I can find a place to buy some. I’m putting together an eight-state book signing tour for this summer (Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming – some of the places I’ve lived that are more or less contiguous; the Northeast will be for another time). After reading about the Public Safety Writers Conference and the PSWA, maybe I’ll add Nevada and California and make it an even ten states while enjoying two conferences. On the topic of promoting our work, Mary Montague Sikes is still the only OTP writer who has responded to my suggestion that we place links on each other’s websites. All you have to do is send me an email (j.orenduff@mchsi.com), and I’ll add a link to your site on my Pot Thief site.

3 comments:

F. M. Meredith, author said...

I did a Google search and bought crime scene tape from an outfit that sells all kinds of supplies for detectives, etc. including evidence bags.

Please do come to the PSWA conference http://www.publicsafetywriter.com

BillieJohn said...

Wow...that is an impressive tour intinerary!

And as for the exchange of web sites and email addresses, I am going to put that information in the upcoming COLOPHON. It's a great networking opportunity for all of us!

Billie

Monti said...

You have an outline for how to conduct a great book launch. I want to refer back to this when I plan a launch for Stranger in My Heart!

Thank you!

Monti