Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Blogging and Promotion

Every blog needs new posts every day to keep people interested. I don't want to be the one to keep posting here, some of the rest of you need to chime in.

Have you all signed up to twitter and post on Face Book and all the other social networks? You should. Too much work you say? Well, you can also use Ping, and then all you have to do is tell them which social networks you are on, put in your short message, including a URL for someplace you'd like people to visit (and they'll make it shorter) and the message will appear on all your spots without you having to do it.

If you're going to be somewhere be sure and tell everyone. Sunny has planned a Book Fest in Hanford on the 19th of April, I'll be blogging about it, have sent info to our local paper, have written invitation to the friends I have in Hanford ready to mail closer to the date, and I'll be sending out information about it everywhere via the Internet.

Also going to the L.A. Times Book Fest and will be signing books in a couple of places both days--will do the same thing for that, but of course letting my friends in L.A. via email and snail mail. The information is already up on my website.

My webmaven will be revamping my website in the next week or so--thought it needed a face lift--or spring cleaning.

Did you know you can see what your web page or blog ranking is? This page is actually 7 out of 10 which is very good. The page ranking is on the Google task bar. Do you know how to figure out what your Amazon numbers mean?

My dinner is waiting so I'm going to close.

The challenge is there--start blogging here.

Marilyn a.k.a. F. M. Meredith

Someone surprise me

2 comments:

WS Gager said...

I would love to make more than just a comment, but can't figure out how to do it. The only thing I have figured out is how to comment. Do I need to sign up somewhere to be allowed to add my own blog? Help would be appreciated. Thanks,
WS Gager
Infatuation coming out in June from Oak Tree Press

BillieJohn said...

Hey Wendy, and everybody!! Here's the secret for being able to post at OTPBLOG...ask me!!

Actually, I do send regular "invites" to new OTP authors and friends of the biz, and my understanding is that that message steps you through the process. However, if there is no response, after a while it drops off my list of pending invitees. I've just sent invitations to join to both of the email addresses I have for you...you click on!

When I started this blog, I REALLY thought my big problem would be in managing a flood of posts, since it was so wide open. Since I receive upwards of a hundred emails a day, I never dreamed, writers would go silent on a blog!

This is such a great opportunity to exchange info of all kinds and you never know when a fellow author is going to be key in the success of your writing career. It's an easy and free way to get your name and title out on the Internet...you'd be amazed where the comments show up. And the results are fast...someone can post and in a matter of hours, I'll get a Google alert on the name.

It's powerful! Try it!