Thursday, April 30, 2009

PSWA Conference and Other Comments

If you figured you'd missed out on one of the lower rates, fear not, we moved the deadline to May 31. We have so many good speakers this year, I hope if you'll truly consider joining us. All the information is here: http://www.publicsafetywriter.com

Several Oak Tree Press authors will be there along with our fearless leader.

Joining PSWA means you get a better rate on the conference, and you also have the ability to contribute to the PSWA newsletter, which includes promotion of your latest book. Not only is that a free perk for being a member, the newsletter is available to anyone who visits the website.

My own personal promotion schedule marches on: This Saturday, May 2nd, I'll be the speaker for the San Joaquin chapter of Sisters in Crime. On May 16th I'm headed to Bakersfield to tell the Writers of Kern all about electronic publishing. (I'll be giving the same talk at the PSWA conference.) On the 20th, hubby and I are heading to Omaha Nebraska and one of our favorite mystery cons, Mayhem in the Midlands. We've been going since the second one. Like PSWA, I'll be taking my own books for sale. Because we've gone so often we've made friends with readers who also attend. Far more fans attend this conference than writers. I'll be on two panels and moderating a third. Hubby is going to be on a panel too, Spouses of Writers. This is the second time he's done this and it was a riot last time.

By the time that's over, I'll be pulling together the last details for the PSWA Conference program. Looking forward to meeting some of you there.

Marilyn a.k.a. F. M. Meredith
http://fictionforyou.com

No comments: