Friday, April 24, 2009

Some Tips About Blogging and Other Such

When you write a blog, be sure to always sign off with your name and your website. Yes, your name is automatically there, but sometimes it's hard to read. Why not take advantage of the opportunity to let people know who you are?

When you blog, go to Twitter (http://twitter.com) and leave a tweet (that's what they call messages on twitter0 telling people to go to your blog with the subject and address. To do this to all the social networks you may be on at once, like Facebook and My Space, sign onto http://ping.com and let them know where you want the ping to go.

When you visit a blog like this one and read someone's post, for goodness sake, leave a comment. Doesn't have to be long, but it sure is nice to know someone is reading what you've written. When you leave the comment, sign your name again, along with your website or blog URL.

Because it drives me nuts that people don't leave comments, I signed up for something that lets me know once a week, how many stopped at my blog each day. That lets me know I'm not doing all this in vain.

If you have a personal blog, you ought to write something new on a regular basis. If you can't do it everyday, at least try for two or three times a week.

I've had some dandy people on my blog lately, yesterday was Sheila Lowe, a forensic handwriting expert as well as a mystery author. She's also speaking at the PSWA conference. Take a look, just click on Marilyn's Musings on the sidebar here.

That's my tips for today. I'm headed to the L.A. tomorrow for the big L.A.Times Book Festival on the UCLA campus Saturday and Sunday. I have three signing times and I'm looking forward to getting away.

Marilyn a.k.a. F. M. Meredith
http://fictionforyou.com

No comments: