Thursday, May 14, 2009

Borders vs. Barnes and Noble

I thought I would weigh in on this battle. I have to agree with Billie that there seems to be less cooperation from Borders. I have contacted some of their stores in my area to set up book signings and have been told that the persons to see were unavailable. I was given numbers to call, which I did, but never received any return calls. However, I have developed a good rapport with the Community Relations Manager at a local Barnes and Noble. She set me up with a book signing in December, and, this past Tuesday, my novel was the focus of a book discussion. She promoted the event with an entry in the monthly newsletter and had a sign placed at the entrance of the store with copies of A Lesson in Murder. People showed up who had read the book and we had a lively discussion about mysteries and the writing process. It was a very enjoyable experience.

Gus Cileone
www.augustuscileone.com

1 comment:

BillieJohn said...

Great news! Sometimes you just have to keep at it, and win them over.

Some of the people are really nice and hard-working and genuinely love books and authors...and this is a good thing!

Billie