Friday, May 8, 2009

Royalty Checks and This Blog

It drives me nuts when OTP authors don't contribute to this blog. It has lots of followers who deserve to read new posts. Maybe you could figure out a time once every two weeks to post, and mark you calendar so you do it.

Some of us received checks for Kindle royalties this week. What a hoot! No, I'm not going to be able to pay any bills with it, but I can buy a couple of large Vanilla Iced Coffee from McDonald's.

What's so good about this, it means our publisher is making money too, which will help keep the house afloat. I've been a published author for a long time and know how fragile small presses can be. It's a hard business and only the strongest survive--and I mean that literally. Ask me about it sometime.

I was thrilled when Billie suggested putting my out of print books on Kindle. I've been e-published for a long time, before the Kindle came into being. From two different houses I get a nice little two figure royalty every quarter and part of that royalty is from e-books.

Believe me I'm grateful that Billie wanted to go the Kindle route. I'm even going to enter the electronic version of No Sanctuary in the Epic contest this year.

And off the subject, if you haven't seen the new Star Trek movie, by all means go. I smiled through the whole thing--the young stars captured the personalites of the former stars. Well worth a couple of hours of your time.

Marilyn a.k.a. F. M. Meredith
http://fictionforyou.com

1 comment:

WS Gager said...

Great blog! I promised to blog once a week but wonder if I have anything worthy to say. I'm glad to hear about the royalty checks. I can't wait until I get my first royalty check but it will be a good six months down the road. My first book, a Case of Infatuation, will be out in June but feel like I take one step forward and three steps back. I got lots of ideas for promotion but need information to move forward. Just got my professional photo taken, not my favorite thing, but they aren't bad. Just wish you didn't look older. Now am just waiting for my cover so I can do promotional items and start hustling the area book stores to stock the book. Also trying to decide on local book signing locations and dates. Do you do okay with signings and stuff in the summer? I do appreciate everyone's blogs. I read them and take note, just don't always have time to respond. Keep up the good work. You are a help. I will get better I promise.
Wendy

WS Gager
A Case of Infatuation coming in June from Oak Tree Press
www.wsgager.com
www.oaktreebooks.com