Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sometimes a Writer Needs a Sign


As writers, we sometimes need an extra boost--a sign that things are going well for us and something good is about to happen. This morning, when I looked out of my kitchen window, I got that kind of a boost. The first hibiscus blossom of our season was shining in full bloom in a pot on our deck.

The setting for Stranger in My Heart is in Trinidad where bright hibiscus blossoms are often in the background for the story. I took a photograph of that first blossom.

Have any of you had a meaningful sign appear for you lately.? I would love to hear about them.

Monti

2 comments:

F. M. Meredith, author said...

What a delightful photograph and thought. You are such a wonderful romantic, Monti--with an artistic eye.

Marilyn a.k.a. F. M. Meredith

Helen Ginger said...

That does sound like a sign! Love the picture.

Helen
Straight From Hel