Monday, September 14, 2009

Help! OTP Author Needs Advice & Input!!!

Ladies and Gents...we need some advice! The Jelly Bean Principle is a great book, but it is just not getting attention. I am stumped and the author is stumped, so we are turning to you for feedback.

The author has been on TV and talk-radio numerous times, and he is an experienced guest in these venues. We've sent a number of review copies, some have responded, some it's too soon to look for them. I have exhibited the book at numerous expos. Lack of effort is just not the problem. My one minus would be that social networking is a bit light.

This book is filled with great advice for small businesses...while doing the interior design, I frequently was drawn into the topics, found that Barry's tips got me rolling on ways to promote OTP. This is not a joke, not eye wash. I mean it. And for the life of me, I cannot understand why we aren't connecting.

So, since I know some of the most creative, talented and effective promoters on the planet hang out here, I am throwing it open. Let me hear it!

Is it the cover? Maybe the title and subtitle should be reversed? (I noted that there is a book about school administration on Amazon called The Jelly Bean Principal!) Maybe the JPB doesn't connect with business people...perhaps it doesn't sound serious enough. Here's the webpage: Jelly Bean Principle

Let's turn this one around! It will be good for the author, for OTP and, in these troubled times, it will be good for our economy!

2 comments:

LINDA M. FAULKNER said...

Two quick thoughts: #1 - As a longtime business owner who is always open to new advice, a book title with Jelly Beans isn't going to attract me if I'm looking for business advice. I want serious if it's business-related and Jelly Beans doesn't do it for me. Also, when I visited the website, the font used was very hard to read, thus greatly reducing my desire to read more.

Sorry I don't have a better response for you - am hoping you wanted sincerity and info that will help.

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

I do love the cover, but Linda may be right that it won't attract the readership you are looking for.

Michael Orenduff had some excellent ideas.

I also wondered if the author went on a blog tour--that is always helpful to me. For one for this book though, the bloggers would need to be like-minded folks--those looking for business tips.

Marilyn
http://fictionforyou.com