Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Luck of the Draw

I was chosen as the author of the month for authormeetingplace.com. Anyone can submit their info and someone is picked every month and featured on the website, as well as featured in the magazine Poetic Monthly. The link to the page is
http://www.authormeetingplace.com/contests/aomwinners.html.

I won another random contest last month through First Turning Point, and received a free tote bag, a free book, a free e-book, and a critique of romance-related pages I wrote. The most interesting thing about it is even though I didn't actually do anything other than put my information on the website, if you google my name, winning this contest shows up as one of the results, with a big congratulations and my name.

It takes a few minutes to input all the information and get your pages up on some of the author websites, but I think in the end it is worth it, even if you just win a free tote bag. But then again, if you're real lucky, somebody might actually read your information and buy your book.

I definitely think Sunny Frazier has the right idea with this type of promotion.

Holli Castillo
Gumbo Justice
www.gumbojustice.net

1 comment:

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

I know your name is getting out there because it has been sent to me several times from various places.

As they say, it's all about name recognition!

Marilyn
http://fictionforyou.com