Tuesday, October 13, 2009

New book--new promotions!

While Billie toils away getting my THE FAT LADY SINGS ready for prime time, I've been researching new ways to promote it. Since the story takes place against the background of a light opera Gilbert & Sullivan repertory company, I Googled the companies that regularly put on these productions and found at least a hundred, both in the US and around the world. Good old Google.
I'm starting off with the San Francisco Lamplighters, one of the oldest G&S companies in the US, and since the play in the story is PATIENCE and they're putting on PATIENCE in their upcoming winter series, they're interested in using my PR items (postcards and flyers) to include in info to their ticketholders. Then my saintly husband does a short course at St. Mary's College in January on Gilbert and Sullivan. Bless his heart. He's going to include me and my book in his course. How I do not know, but I'll give him a few suggestions!

Isn't it exciting when a new book is on the horizon? And with the ease of new technology we can try so many new avenues for promotion.

Looking forward to reading about your PR ideas!

Kit

2 comments:

Mike Orenduff said...

Look forward to you book. I'm a big fan of G & S.

Mike Orenduff

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Kit, I'm anxious to read the book too. Be sure and sign up for the PSWA conference and join the ranks of Billie's authors.