Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Creating a Traveling Trio

I just read the Sisters in Crime newsletter and was intrigued by the article on the Minnesota Crime Wave and how Carl Brookins, William Kent Krueger and Ellen Hart became a traveling show. I really like the idea. I've done some publicity for my book, A Case of Infatuation, and really excel at speaking engagements and would like to capitalize on that. The problem is trying to get invited as a speaker at places where there is a good number of people. I like the idea of having three people which makes it more newsworthy and also shares the expenses and divides the efforts. To work well, all authors should be in the Mystery Genre because of the appeal to the same audience. I also would like to do it with fellow Oak Tree Press authors. That being said, I'm in Michigan. I would love to tour with Holli Castillo but she is in New Orleans and everyone else I've met is out west. Does anyone else live in the Midwest that would be interested? If not, does anyone have suggestions of people who may be interested? Other ideas? I have limited amount of time and dollars to travel so really want to get the biggest bang for my buck. Would really like any feedback, positive or negative. Thanks!
Wendy
W.S. Gager
A Case of Infatuation
www.wsgager.com
wsgager@yahoo.com

4 comments:

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

I think that's a grand idea. I know Wm Kent Krueger and Carl Brookins, both good writers and speakers.

Sunny and I have done a few engagements together and we have another coming in January.

Check with the bunch on the police writer list, see if there isn't someone from your area that might be interested.

Marilyn

Monti said...

How far is Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin from you? Our daughter is there and anxious for us to come for a visit. I'm not familiar with the area.

I love the idea of making writers' presentations together and would like to be part of a traveling group. (I live in Virginia.)

Monti
www.marymontaguesikes.com

WS Gager said...

It depends on if you go across the lake or around through Chicago. Only about three hours by boat, or 4-5 to drive to Milwaukee. I'm not sure where Chippewa Falls is. Would certainly give it a try.

黃立行John said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.