Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Exciting Times Ahead



Sometime toward the end of January I'll have another book from Oak Tree Press, An Axe to Grind.. It's another in my Rocky Bluff P.D. series written under the name F. M. Meredith.

Whenever I have a new book it means planning more promotion. That's an ongoing job. I will definitely have a book launch and I'll probably hold it in a new little place in town called, Kimble Farms, that sell homemade pies, cookies, muffins, and coffee--as well as produce. (I ordered my Thanksgiving pies from them.)

There's also a new used book store in Porterville--the next biggest town to Springville where I live and I hope to have a booksigning there too. Haven't asked yet, but will soon.

Epicon is in March and since my previous Rocky Bluff P.D. book, No Santuary, is a finalist in the mystery category I'll be there pushing that book and will be handing out cards with the cover of the new book on it. (I'm up against Mike Orenduff's first Pot Thief mystery, so I'm not too hopeful--but it's an honor to be one of the finalists.

In March I'm also going on another virtual book tour, popping in one blog after another. If there's anyone who'd like to host me, just email me and I'll give your information to my tour guide.

I'm also going to have a booth at the Celebration of the Whales in Oxnard.

In April I've been invited back to speak to the Ridgewriters out in Ridgecrest. We're hoping to see the desert wildflowers in bloom, hubby wants to go to the space museum on the China Lake Naval Base while we're there.

I'll be speaking at the Tulare County Library in Visalia. May is Mayhem in the Midlands, a small mystery con where I have lots of friends and fans. It's in Omaha and we've come to love Omaha.

June I'll be speaking at the Hanford Library--one of my favorite venues, and then of course, it the Public Safety Writers Association's conference and you all know what I think about that one--my very favorite and the best place to find out all your questions about law enforcement, forensics, and whatever you might be writing about if you have anything about crime in your books. This one is information and fun, fun, fun.

If you're planning to come and want to be on a panel, you need to register by March 31.

That's about it until Bouchercon in October. It's in San Francisco. Bouchercon is huge, but I can get there on the train and I already have a roommate. Not hubby, because he doesn't like San Francisco.

Anyway, that's what I've got so far and I'm looking forward to it.

Tomorrow I'll be forgetting all this book stuff and concentrating on getting ready for Thanksgiving. Everyone, have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy your family and friends.

Marilyn