Wednesday, November 25, 2009

On Wings of Murder

I'm the guest blogger this week at On Wings of Murder, http://murderx5.blogspot.com/

The first blog is up today, but the rest of the blogs will be up after the Thanksgiving holidays. There are five total, and include some local photos I took. After I submitted the info to Norma at the website, I thought of a bunch of other photos of places in Gumbo Justice I could have photographed.

I did include a photo of the Criminal Courthouse in New Orleans, the District Attorney's Office, which just reopened since Katrina, a local cemetery, and what is left of the St. Thomas Projects, basically a couple of small buildings.

The first blog is about the difficulties I had in getting Gumbo Justice published, the part before I signed with Billie, and the part where the car wreck put me on my back for six months afterward. The photo is of my car the day after the wreck, and is the only photo I didn't take.

The future blogs include some hints as to what is to come in future novels, the factual versus the fictional in the book, how the novel evolved from what I had originally intended, and a New Orleans tour of the locations in Gumbo Justice. I hope everyone enjoys.

Holli Castillo
www.gumbojustice.net

1 comment:

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Keep us posted as to when the next blog will be up.

Marilyn