Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Public Safety Writers Conference and Other Stuff

The best deal for the PSWA conference has passed, but there's yet another break that will there until March 31. For anyone waiting, if you want to be on a panel, you need to sign up by that time.



If you're wish-washy about whether or not to come, one of our new attendees and a New York published mystery writer emailed me to let me know he'd been to this past Bouchercon and thought the PSWA conference was a lot better and more fun.

The big difference with our conference and a big mystery con--is 1. that our is for writers 2. it's small so there is only one track and you don't have to make any choices 3. the presentations are so interesting most people stay for them all whether it's a topic in their field or not 4. if you want to be on a panel you will be 5. you have plenty of opportunity to network and ask questions of anyone who is there 6. you can bring your books for sale and PSWA only takes 10% 7. you'll meet lots of folks and have time to get acquainted with them 8.and I guarantee you will have a great time!

And P.S., there are three great lunches included in the conference price.

On to something else, I have a fun book trailer for my latest mystery from my other publisher http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmZhaJgHUx0 //www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmZhaJgHUx0
Marilyn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not only will I second your comments about the PSWA conference, but as a mainstream-romance writer, I benefited from the one day I was able to spend at last year's conference. I look forward to attending the entire conference in 2010 and participating on a panel.