Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Laissez les bon temps roulette

Marilyn keeps saying she thinks she won't win the EPIC award because she's up against my book, and I keep saying I won't win because I'm up against hers. Not to mention that she is the real pro in this business and I'm a novice. But regardless of who wins, being in New Orleans with Marilyn and Billie will be great, and Holli lives there, so I imagine we'll all be getting together for some famous New Orleans food. Now that I think about it, if I didn't know Billie was from Illinois, I would have pegged her to be from New Orleans. She has that easy-going, you only live once, do-right-but-enjoy-it-along-the way philosophy that defines Nawlins. I can picture her riding one of those floats and tossing doubloons.

5 comments:

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

The trophy is great. Your book is literature, Mike. If I were the judge, I'd give it the award. Linda Faulkner is another finalist, haven't read her book yet but know she's also a fine writer.

BillieJohn said...

Wow...what a nice thing to say! In my heart, I am a Nawlins girl, that is for sure!

I am really delighted to have two finalists...what an honor. Of course the books are SO deserving of notice...how could they not?!!

WS Gager said...

I am so jealous. You all will be in New Orleans and I will be in the snow and cold. Life is just not fair. I wish both Mike and Marilyn the best of luck. My money is on a tie! As for Billie, she will be the hit of the Epicon. You all will have to tip a beverage (or two or three or ?) for me to toast Oak Tree Press!

Holli said...

March is a good month in New Orleans- before hurricane season and not yet blistering hot. And of course the food is always good. Can't wait to see everyone- maybe we'll be finished with the code enforcement nightmare that is my life and our bar will be open by then. Either way, should be good times.

Mike Orenduff said...

Hey, Wendy, a tie sounds like a great idea. We will definitely tip a few for you to toast OTP.
Mike