Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tips About Blogging

To keep people interested in a blog it's best if there is a new post every day. That's one of the reasons I blog here when I see a few days have gone by without fresh material.

A blog also should be plugged on Twitter and Facebook--so if you have your own blog be sure you let people know what you've blogged about each day. (Of course if you are on any other social sites, go ahead and promote your blog there too. Or use Ping.fm and your post will go wherever you're signed up.

When you blog always check to see if anyone has left a comment. You might want to acknowledge with another comment. If you've been asked to post on someone else's blog, be sure to thank them through the comment and check to see if anyone else comments.

When visiting anyone's blog, leave a comment. Sign up as a follower on other people's blogs. I'd love to have you sign up as a follower of mine: http://marilynmeredith.blogspot. com

Blogging is another way of gaining name recognition. As an author that what you want--name recognition.

When responding to a blog, make a comment rather than a short blog unless you have quite a lot to say on the subject.

Anyway, that's my advice and tips for the day.

Marilyn
http://fictionforyou.com

6 comments:

BillieJohn said...

Thanks for updating our blog and keeping it fresh, Marilyn.

You know, Sunny has been after me for some time to assign blog days to the OTP authors...what do you think of that?

BillieJohn said...

A P.S. I am constantly amazed at the attention our blog gets. I have begun adding a line and link to the email marketing pieces I send out to bookstores, libraries, media outlets and more--something like this:

Wanna see what OTP authors are chatting about? Check out our blog...

and then I put in a link. Later, when I go back and check on the stats, I can see who clicked on what link, and the blog is getting clicks! So, Like you say, Marilyn, this is another way for name recognition, cover image recognition, book title recognition to get out there.

So, if you aren't posting from time to time...what is holding you back?

BillieJohn said...

Another P.S....if you need more proof, type OTPBLOG into google...I just did it and the first 7 citations were a collection of OTP authors spawned off the blog! What great exposure!

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Another reason to go back and check comments on your blog is sometimes people put advertisements for drugs and such in the comment and you can click on the little trash can and get rid of them.

Marilyn
http://fictionforyou.com

Holli said...

I think assigning days to OTP for blogging is a good idea- sometimes I don't blog because I don't want to be a blog hog. I also have to check with my computer guy to see how to add something to my blogs and websites for people to leave comments.

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Holli, you just click on Comments at the bottom of any blog, then the form will pop up.

Marilyn