Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Home Town Newspaper

Well, it took almost five years, but I finally got my home town newspaper to do an article about my writing. A good thing since the town is El Paso and has a population of almost a million, most of whom read English! Now if Billie will do a Spanish-language version, we can reach all El Pasoans and maybe right across the border to Juarez, exact population unknown but somewhere over two million. Little known fact: El Paso del Norte was the original name of the city on both sides of the Rio Grande, but the city on the Mexican side was renamed in honor of the hero of the revolution, Benedito Juarez. The twin cities of El Paso and Juarez comprise the largest bi-lingual bordertown in the world. Here's a link to the article: http://www.elpasotimes.com/education/ci_14265886

2 comments:

BillieJohn said...

Jeez...maybe we should think about this...I have a friend who is multi-lingual...can't hurt to discuss it!!

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

I went to El Paso once to a mystery convention. Had a good time, but doubt if I'll go back.

Glad you got some publicity in your home town newspaper.

Marilyn