Sunday, February 7, 2010

Getting Ready for Launch for An Axe to Grind



Because I'm expecting to get copies of my latest Rocky Bluff P.D. crime novel within the next few weeks, I'm gearing up for the promotion. I will wait until I have books in hand before planning the book launches, but I have two spots already lined up--one at a new deli in town, and in the nearest city at an used book store.

During the month of March I'm doing a virtual book tour. Don't know the dates of where I'll be yet, but will be posting them as soon as I do know.

On the 3rd of March we're flying to Epicon in New Orleans. I've got cards ready to hand out with the new book cover and all the information. Of course at the awards banquet we'll find out who won best mystery/suspense--both Mike Orenduff's, Pot Thief and my No Sanctuary are running against each other. I'm expecting the Pot Thief to win, but I'm thrilled to be one of the finalists.

Sunday, March 21 we'll be setting up our tent at Channel Islands Harbor to sell books at the Celebration of the Whales, Oxnard CA.

And on March 28th, I'll be doing a joint booksigning with the Central Coast Sisters in Crime at the Coalesce Bookstore in Morro Bay.

In April we'll be heading over to Ridgecrest to talk to the Ridgewriters again. They are a branch of the California Writers Club.

On the 23rd of April, I'll be speaking at the Visalia Branch of the Tulare County Libary at 7 p.m.

May 8th I'll have a booth at the Jane Austen Fair from 9 to 5 in Fresno.

And on the 26th of May we're flying to Omaha for Mayhem in the Midlands.

The 12th of June will find me at the Hanford Library at 2 p.m.

And of course from the 17th to the 20th, I'll be in Las Vegas at the Orleans Hotel for the PSWA conference. If you haven't signed up for that one yet, got to the website http://www.publicsafetywriter.com

And of course I'll be Twittering and posting on Facebook.

Marilyn
http://fictionforyou.com

3 comments:

Kit Sloane said...

Congrats on ANOTHER book!!!! NO ONE has the energy that our Marilyn has. She is a phenomena and the rest of us can't help but feel lazy and shiftless in comparison! Good work, Marilyn!

Kit

Monti said...

Marilyn,

You are completely amazing! Thanks for sharing your plans, but they make me very tired!

Monti

WS Gager said...

I echo these statements! Your energy is amazing. If I only had half as much. Congrats on the newest book. Can't wait to read it.
Wendy
W.S. Gager