Monday, February 22, 2010

Off to New Orleans




Epicon is next week. Epic is the organization for e-publishing and I've belonged since soon after it was organized. Every year they have a conference which moves from place to place, this year it's in New Orleans. The highlight of the conference is the Awards Banquet--think Academy Awards. This year my book, No Sanctuary is a finalist in the mystery/suspense category. So is Mike Orenduff's first Pot Thief mystery. (I didn't have a photo of that first book so put his picture up instead.)

The Pot Thief is a wonderful book and I fully expect it to win the award. There are two other books in the running, but I haven't read either of them. I was pleased to be one of the finalist--I've been a finalist before and it's becoming a bit like always a bridesmaid never a bride.

In any case, I'm excited about visiting New Orleans. One night we're going on a river boat cruise. I'm looking forward to great music and delicious food and seeing many friends that I only see at Epicon.

I'll report about everything when I return.

Marilyn
http://fictionforyou.com