Friday, February 26, 2010

Sending review copies

There's quite a cottage industry proliferating of late of rather clever readers who get free books that we voluntarily send them, at no small cost to us (the book, the postage, the mailer). These enterprising types promise a "review," and that's great except a lot of these "reviews" are placed only on their personal blogs that are visited by not that many, if any, prospective readers.

I suggest that we first check out these "reviewers" by asking them a few questions: like where will they post the review and how will they "advertise" it...

Hey, I'm all for getting free reading material, but just not from ME!

Kit

2 comments:

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

I just sent off 8 review copies to people where I'll be stopping off on my blog tour.

Marilyn

BillieJohn said...

Actually, I'll spot the books if these people will give me a copy of their review that I can use as I please...just giving them a citation and the book.

Send 'em over to me!