Saturday, June 12, 2010

Blogs

Following several other Oak Tree authors, I have an interview up at Cafe of Dreams. I really enjoyed April's questions, which were not the traditional questions usually asked, and she also included information from my website about me and Gumbo Justice, which was nice. The link is http://www.cafeofdreamsbookreviews.com/

I really like the look of the Cafe of Dreams website, and April's organization of the site. As difficult as it is to come up with new blogs, I wonder if anyone thinks it would be easier, better, or more interesting, to include regular features on a blog, such as one day a week do an interview, one day a week a book review, or if that just adds work to already busy schedules.

I also wonder from a promotion standpoint if it ultimately exposes more people, or at least different people, to a blog, and if it ultimately results in sales.

One thing I do believe is that it would help promote other authors, even if it doesn't ultimately result in book sales of your own, and that the positive energy you put out there comes back to you in some form on another, so it might be something worth considering.

One last thing- on Blog jog day a while back I i signed up to receive a series of free online videos about blogging and using websites for promotion by Denise Wakeman, of the Blog Squad. One thing she really encourages is posting a short video on your blog, and swears it captures attention better than just writing. I am not one of those people who feel comfortable posting my face all over my blog, and am not entirely sure my yat accent is going to drive people to buy my books. Any thoughts in this area?

Holli Castillo
Gumbo Justice
www.hollicastillo.com

Jambalaya Justice
Summer, 2010

5 comments:

joven said...

hi, you have nice blog.. u can view also mine..http://akoniwares.blogspot.com

Monti said...

I enjoyed reading your interview on April's site and getting to know you better! Everything we do on blogs and elsewhere gives us better exposure for our books. Of course, we want to help each other promote not only our books but Oak Tree as well.

I'm looking forward to meeting you at the PSWA conference...

Monti
www.marymontaguesikes.com

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

The whole idea is to get your name out there--name recognition as they say. Yes, I do think it helps. I love having other authors on my blog. Just let me know if you would like to be there again, maybe when the new book comes out?

Marilyn

Sunny Frazier said...

For some reason my computer has a fit when I try to get into Cafe of Dreams. I did an interview but haven't seen it (maybe because I used the word "orgasm?").

I like to do a professional blog. Listen to yourself talk, or others, jot down an interesting phrase and go to town on the thought. I steal lots of material that people just blurt out without thinking. Gets me to thinking.

But, as with everything else, I do it when I feel like it, not on anyone's schedule. Okay, Buried Under Books has got me every 6 wks. but that's a labor of love.

Holli said...

Sunny, I can get into Cafe of Dreams but did not see an interview with you. Maybe your orgasm did keep you off. (I specifically did not say get you off because that would have been a pun in extremely bad taste.)

I only saw Marilyn's and Wendy's.