Monday, June 21, 2010

PSWA Conference

I attended the PSWA conference in Vegas and think it was even better than last year. In fact, I learned several things I can incorporate immediately into my writing to help me move my second novel along faster, as well as make it even more suspenseful.

I also met some cool people and made a few new friends. I'm not sure what my favorite part of the conference was, other than listening to the captivating British accent of Simon Wood. (Of course, the soothing tone of Keith Bettinger's New York vocals placed a close second.)

My favorite thing about the conference would ultimately have to be that it is small enough to not feel lost in the shuffle or overshadowed by authors who have been around for years, or even decades, longer, but is big enough that it draws those authors who have been around for years. It is such a nice, casual, friendly atmosphere, and egos are checked at the door for the most part.

And of course it's in Vegas, baby. What else is there to say?

Holli Castillo
Gumbo Justice

2 comments:

BillieJohn said...

I totally agree with you, Holli! PSWA is a great conference. 2010 is my fifth year attending, and it has indeed gotten better and better each year. Kinda makes you wonder what they'll do next, huh?

Of course, the best part for me is that I get to see so many OTP authors all at the same time...that is really the ice cream on top!!

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Thank you, Holli and Billie for the kind words. I worked really hard on the conference, but you never know.

I love seeing everyone.

Marilyn