Thursday, June 24, 2010

Publisher's Periodical

June 24, 2010

I'm just back from Las Vegas and the fabulous PSWA conference...if you are not up to speed on this event, check them out at POLICEWRITER.com and begin making plans for next year...I know I am!

We released five new titles there in Vegas, which was a first for OTP, and a thrill...however, now that I am back at planetary headquarters (okay...so it is really a small town in central IL...allow me some illusion!) it is time to get my feet back on the ground and get busy on the next batch of books...FAIRY TALES ARE FRAGILE, SEX AND DEATH, I SUPPOSE, THE LAST OF THE RAILROAD POLICE and NO EVIDENCE OF A CRIME, plus finishing up JETTA'S JOURNEY.

In further news, we have a change in our Acquisitions Department...Sunny Frazier is no longer reviewing submissions for OTP. The email link for our queries remains the same...we simply did one of those high-techie things and re-directed it back to an OTP mailbox monitored in this office, essentially the reverse of the thing that was done to fold Sunny into our submissions loop. This should be seamless, but in the event it is not, please contact me directly at oaktreepub@aol.com

Summertime is great for vacation reading and there are some great choices and great savings in our bookstore... check it out at BOOKSTORE

Billie Johnson, Publisher

No comments: