Thursday, August 19, 2010

All the Big Guys are Out of Town!

Tee hee! I've been trying to think up some mischief to get into since I know that our publisher, acquisition's editor and some of our authors are attending the big writers conference in the south. I envy them, it's a conference I've always wanted to attend.

Can't think of a thing naughty to do--so I think I'll talk about conferences a bit. I love going to writers conferences. Of course my favorite is PSWA's, mainly because it's small and you really get to know everyone who attends.

This year I'm going to Bouchercon in San Francisco. I've been to other Bouchercon's and know that it can be overwhelming. They have so many tracks going at once that it's hard to decide what to go to. There are also lots and lots of people. You might make a new friend and never seem them again. Usually I go to these things with my husband, but this year I'll be rooming with a writer friend who I haven't seen for awhile. There'll be plenty of people there I know--but you never know if you'll run into them or not.

Next year I've decide to limit my conference going to two: PSWA and Mayhem in the Midlands. The rest of our traveling will be around California to book festivals and the like.

I'm anxious for our "big guys" to return and tell us about what they've learned this weekend.

I'll be heading to Nipomo tomorrow for a book and craft fair at the Nipomo Library on Saturday. In case you're wondering where Nipomo is, it's very close to Santa Maria, CA.

From there we're heading down the coast where we'll be spending some time with two of our daughters, but also I'm giving a talk to a women's group in Ventura about my life as a writer.

Though I loved my review of An Axe to Grind from Mike Orenduff, it was time for new content to be on this blog.

Marilyn

2 comments:

Holli said...

I can think of a list of a hundred naughty things I could do with everyone out of town, but I don't have time to do them!!! Marilyn, I don't know how you manage to fit everything into your life that you do. You must be a monster of a scheduler.

Holli Castillo
Gumbo Justice

Monti said...

Had hoped to catch up with Billie as we roam the mid-west. Guess that won't work out now!

Thanks, Marilyn, for keeping up with all!!!

Monti