Friday, September 17, 2010

Self-introduction

Hello OTP authors and readers. My name is C.K. Crigger, and as the first contracted author for the new Wild Oaks Western line, I thought I should take a moment and introduce myself. Some of those on this blog I’m digitally acquainted with; most of you, I am not.

I live in the Inland Northwest, and I set the books I write here, too. The book contracted by OTP is titled TWO FEET BELOW, and features China Bohannon, my 1890s bookkeeper who works in her uncle’s—and his partner’s—detective agency, and who regularly manages to get herself into trouble. I call my genre Western Suspense. Since I feel a person is incomplete without a dog, I’ve given China a charmer, in this case, a Bedlington terrier. If you’re unfamiliar with the breed, be sure to look it up. I think you’ll find Beddies unusual in appearance and the perfect specimen of dogdom to be included in my book.

I have an extensive list of reviewers, some of whom will review e-books. If anyone would like to compare notes, email me at ckcww@aol.com.

Carol
www.ckcrigger.com

7 comments:

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Interesting premise for your Western Suspense. Might I suggest you share your list of reviewers with the whole group though the OTP Authors yahoo group?

Marilyn

Carol Crigger said...

Some of my list will probably be duplicates, but I can work something up. Not today, though, since I'm doing a booksigning this afternoon.
Carol

Mike Orenduff said...

Welcome to Oak Tree, Carol. I think you will like it here. I like the aspects of your book that you mentioned, but I wonder in that setting and time if the cowboys back then might think a Bedlington was a black sheep if they saw one?

Mike Orenduff

Carol Crigger said...

Hi Mike,
Don't know about the cowboys--there aren't any in this book--but certain people do mistake poor Nimble for a sheep. :-)

WS Gager said...

Welcome Carol. Your book sounds very interesting. Good luck.
Wendy
W.S. Gager
www.wsgager.com

Holli said...

Sorry I'm late to the party but I'm out of town for a few days- welcome and can't wait to read your novel. I've never read a Western suspense, but I love western movies so I'm thinking it may be a genre I'd like to explore.

Holli Castillo
www.gumbojustice.net

Sunny Frazier said...

I loved Carol's book and I think she's going to be a terrific addition to the Oak Tree family. Wasn't it Wendy who named the Western line Wild Oaks?