Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Promoting Kindle Titles

Anyone have any great ideas how to do this?

I have a bunch of books on Kindle and though a few sell, it seems that there ought to be some wonderful way to promote them. I've read J.A. Konrath's blogs as well as Rob Walker's but still don't have any insight as how best to promote to Kindle owners.

Two of my books in the Rocky Bluff P.D. series that are no longer available as trade paperbacks are on Kindle, Final Respects and Fringe Benefits. And the new ones, No Sanctuary and An Axe to Grind are also on Kindle.

My very first mystery, Astral Gift, is also on Kindle, as in my romance with a touch of the supernatural, Lingering Spirit.

I'm thrilled they are there, but would be more thrilled if I knew how to let people know.

What are the rest of you doing to promote your Kindle titles?

Marilyn

4 comments:

Carol Crigger said...

I wonder if one could persuade Best Buy or Target to allow you to come in and show your books on the Kindle? Seems to me it would be a good advertising ploy for them, and you could see right away if you sold any books--under the guise of showing interested parties how to order after they buy their reader. Don't know what kind of hoops you'd have to jump through, but they can't shoot you for asking.

BillieJohn said...

Are you on the Kindle Group at Yahoo?

I just joined it, and have seen some good info and tips.

Maddy said...

My husband was investigating Kindles for a Christmas present but said they didn't have enough titles - so I'm interested to learn your perspective.

On the other hand I'm about to investigate 'the nook' for my daughter as she wants to be able to read text books for her course in an easy format.

Looks like I've got my work [research] cut out for me.

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

There are tons of titles on Kindle. Not sure where your hubby was looking.

I may not be on the Kindle group that Billie mentioned, but on Kindle Korner you can't promote your own books only other people's. Maybe we could do a sharing thing there promoting each others.

I did just get interviewed by someone about Lingering Spirit because it is on Kindle, we'll see what that does, if anything.

Marilyn