Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

I want to wish all of you a wonderful Thanksgiving.

I'm thankful for Oak Tree Press and Billie Johnson. Oak Tree is becoming a real presence in the publishing world. Billie goes out of her way to make sure our books look good.

It's up to us to get the word out about them--and yes, it's that way for all authors no matter who publishes them with the exception of the big names.

I'm thankful for the Internet which makes it easier to promote than it used to be. I remember when you were limited to signings in bookstores, talks in libraries and to service and social groups and sending out announcements via snail mail. Today we have so many more opportunities to let a far bigger audience know about our books.

I'm thankful for Kindle. Even though there are other e-book sites, Kindle has made people accept e-books.

And if you want to know all the other things I'm thankful for visit my personal blog at http://marilynmeredith.blogspot.com

Marilyn

1 comment:

Holli said...

Great post, Marilyn. Happy Thanksgiving!

Holli