Saturday, November 20, 2010

Having a good week

The Pot Thief Who Studied Einstein went up on Amazon this week and its Amazon number immediately dipped down to 55,966. For those of you who don't follow Amazon numbers, anything below 200,000 is good. Below 50,000 is very good, below 10,000... Well, you get the picture. Then I found out that Einstein will be reviewed in both the El Paso Times and the Denver Post, which should add to the sales numbers.

To top off the good week, The Pot Thief Who Studied Pythagoras (the first in the series) was selected last night as the Mystery of the Year in the New Mexico Book of the Year contest. I had previously mentioned on this site that Pythagoras was a finalist, but I didn't expect to win when I saw the list of the other finalists. But I decided to attend the banquet anyway since I'm usually happy for any excuse to travel to New Mexico. Tonight, Lai and I celebrated like my protagonist by popping the cork on a bottle of Gruet Champagne from here in New Mexico.

Incidentally, Gruet also had a good week. They were awarded the very prestigious title of the United States Wine Producer of the Year in the International Wine and Spirits Competition.

I want to thank Billie for all the effort she has devoted to Einstein, even above and beyond her usual fantastic efforts. It is definitely paying off.

7 comments:

Holli said...

Congrats Mike, you certainly have plenty to celebrate! I don't drink very often, and when I do, like my protag, it's Tequila, so you and Lai have some Gruet for me.

I'll be thinking of your successes for inspiration as I finish up my second novel. I'm feeling a little like the slow child of Oak Tree for taking so long to finish. You and Marilyn are writing machines, and I can't wait to read your latest!

Holli Castillo
Gumbo Justice

Monti said...

Congratulations, Mike. How exciting for both you and Lai! And what a neat tie in with the Gruet wine...

Monti
NotesAlongTheWay

Sunny Frazier said...

I think Gruet should send you a case for all the PR you're giving them!

Kudos and congrats.

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

And the bottom line is, Mike is a wonderful writer and created a fantastic series. Congratulations, Mike!

Marilyn

Mike Orenduff said...

Thanks, Holli. As I've told you, I'm looking forward to the second Crescent City Mystery. Yeah, I know you have a husband and kids, but what about us - your fans? We are anxiously awaiting your second.

Mike Orenduff said...

Monti and Sunny,

You are both right. With the tie-in to Gruet, they should give me a case. But they are doing something even better - selling my books. Their tasting room has sold 37 books in the last three months. Maybe I should ask them to pay me in trade?

Mike Orenduff said...

Hi Marilyn,

I may have created one series, but you have two series plus a number of other books such as Lingering Spirit. You remain the inspirational leader for Oak Tree authors. And I won't even mention that other publisher you write for.