Tuesday, November 16, 2010

local events

Since I live in rural Northern CA, Xmas time presents the most activities where I can participate and sell my books. The first was this past weekend and it was fun to meet all the new faces and discuss my latest, THE MAGICIANS. My last, THE FAT LADY, came out too late for me to do this last year, so I had two "new" books to present. I've been doing this for ten years up here so people love to catch up on any news.

I always discount my books heavily. It's just the right thing to do here. Business was brisk and it was a lovely, if tiring, day!

Kit
www.kitsloane.net

3 comments:

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

What kind of event was it, Kit? I have a couple coming up in November. My book launch for my latest in my other series, then I'll have all my books available at the local art gallery during their boutique sale the following weekend.

Kit Sloane said...

Hi Marilyn, This was a local charity event put on by the lady lions! As you know, these are day-long events, but you meet lots of nice, interesting people. And they understand if I have to leave to feed the horses!

Kit

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Oops, I meant December. I love the kind of event you are describing.

Marilyn