Friday, January 7, 2011

Night Watch Trailer is a Finalist

Since I haven't really gotten into making book trailers myself, I found an author who has started a promotions and marketing business and got her to create a trailer for Night Watch. That trailer by Betty Ann Harris is a finalist in the Spunk on a Stick book trailer contest. This is the first book trailer contest I've entered, so, of course, I'm thrilled to be one of seven finalists. Please take a look at the Night Watch trailer. I hope you will go to Spunk on a Stick and vote for Night Watch. Voting will end Sunday night with winners announced on Monday.

I know some of you have book trailers. How have you used them in your book promotion?

4 comments:

Kit Sloane said...

I had two trailers done by my web gal Lisa Logan. The first one I really liked. The second one (for The Fat Lady Sings) not so much and as I was out of the country when she put it together, I didn't have much input. At the time (a few years ago), these were all the rage. Still I never really figured out how to "use" them. The one below got quite a few hits, but did it sell books? Who knows.

This is my fave: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9eZEgqNqmw

I think just telling people about them is the most an author can do!

Good luck!

Kit

Monti said...

Thanks, Kit, for your comment. I think it's fun to look at some of them. I'm going now to look at yours.

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

I've had a trailer for the latest of my books and they are up on my website http://fictionforyou.com

When I'm on a blog tour, they are posted. And no, there's no way to tell if they sell books. Just one more thing to try.

Marilyn

Holli said...

I have a trailer for Gumbo Justice which was free with a review service I actually paid for. The review service cost the same with the book trailer included as the book trailer alone cost, so I took advantage of the sale. I probably wouldn't have paid for the book trailer alone, because I am not sure how to use them for promotion. I wasn't over the top thrilled about mine, but it is on a whole lot of sites, such as Youtube, and others.

I would like to create my own trailer and put it on my website, but it's kind of time consuming. My 14 year old nephew knows how to record himself and put it on youtube, so I'm pretty sure it can't be that complicated.

I also would be curious as to how other people have used their book trailers for promotion.

Holli Castillo
Gumbo Justice