Sunday, February 20, 2011

Preparing for the Launch of Angel Lost


ARCs were sent out to review sites and other authors and the reviews have been coming in, all good. (It's always scary when you're waiting for that first review.)Some of the blurbs from authors will appear on the back cover of Angel Lost.

I'm getting things ready for the launch of Angel Lost, #7 in my Rocky Bluff P.D. series, the third one that Oak Tree Press is publishing.

I've ordered my business card with a picture of the cover on one side and the book and my info on the back so I'll have them to hand out at all the events I'm attending.

During the month of March I'm going on a blog tour I paid for and I've lined up some other blogs to continue the momentum in April.

I'll have the physical book launch for Angel Lost at the little used bookstore in town. Haven't gotten the actual date set, but it'll be toward the end of the month.

April is jam packed. I'll be spending two days in Fresno (9-10) at the Jane Austen Fest. I went last year and was well received even though my books have nothing whatsoever to do with Jane Austen.

I'm also headed to a reading club that Sunny Frazier told me about and have had that date set for a year. On the 16th of April I headed to a Burbank Library to be part of a panel of the LA Chapter of Sisters in Crime. (I belong to 4 chapters of Sisters in Crime and have opportunities like this from each of them because I'm a member. The LA Chapter has a Speakers Bureau and I signed up for it long ago.)

On the 18th I'll be speaking (actually doing readings from several of my books and telling where the ideas for the books came from) at Mt. San Antonio College (Mt.SAC) in Southern California. Again, Sunny told me about this college professor and I wrote and offered my services.

On Mother's Day, I'll be in Las Vegas speaking to the Sisters in Crime chapter there. I met Morgan St. James at last year's Public Safety Writers Association's conference and offered my services as a speaker to that chapter.

I'll be attending Mayhem in the Midlands in Omaha at the end of May. This is one of my favorite mystery cons. This will be our 11th year to attend and I have lots of fans at this con.

In June I'm heading to Sedona AZ. Actually, I have several reasons for going. First off, it's going to be a vacation with my daughter and her husband, we've always planned to visit Sedona again. I plan on spending some time with my good writing friend, Willma Gore, and in fact, we'll be speaking togeher at the Sedona Library on the 7th. On Saturday the 11th, I'm speaking about working with small presses at the Well-Red Coyote Bookstore.

In July, of course, I'm headed to the PSWA conference http://www.policewriter.com and that's a good one for Oak Tree Press authors to consider too.

All I've got for August so far, is a book fair in Nipomo, one I do every year.

September, I'll be a presenter at the Central Coast Writers Conference on the 17th and I'll have my books at the Central Coast Book Fair on the 18th.

October is the big Apple Festival in Springville and I'll have a booth there for two days.

On the 30th of October I'm heading out with Billy and a lot of other authors on the mystery cruise.

Though I don't have a date yet, in December, I'll have a table with my books at the Porterville Art Gallery.

I've already signed up for Left Coast Crime in Sacramento for 2012.

My point in writing all this is to perhaps give some of you ideas about what you might do to promote your books. A lot of the things that I've done were planned way ahead of time.

Marilyn

4 comments:

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

The date for the book launch at Books Off Main is March 26. Once I get the whole list for my blog tour I'll post it.

I spoke to the Writers of Kern yesterday and made sure everyone had one of my new business cards with a photo of the cover of Angel Lost and the pertinent information on the back.

Marilyn

Monti said...

You are one busy woman, Marilyn! The new book cover will look great on a business card.

Monti
NotesAlongTheWay

Carol Crigger said...

What a promoter you are, Marilyn. You've given me a bunch of ideas for my own book launch when TWO FEET BELOW is released. I only hope I can be a quarter as successful you. And best of luck and happy sales for Angel Lost.

Carol

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Actually next month most of what I'll be doing is the blog tour, so hoping to fit in my income tax while I'm at it. Monti, you are plenty busy yourself.

Carol, that was kind of my intent when I wrote this blog that maybe someone would see something they could do too.