Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Angel Lost Blog Tour

I'm hoping that Mike Orenduff will come online soon and post about Epicon and the awards ceremony. This is the first one I've missed since the beginning. I was a finalist in the same category as Mike's, but no I didn't stay away because I knew Mike was going to win.

The con was held in Williamsburg Virginia and it was just too complicated to fly there. Back in our younger years we'd be willing to change flight so many times and rent a car to drive from Norfolk to Williamsburg, but all that stuff is getting harder. And at least I didn't have to embarrass myself like I did last year trying to wrestle Mike's trophy away from him. (In case anyone is worried, it was done in jest and for picture-taking purposes.) I love Mike's Pot Thief books and he deserves every award he gets for them--and there have been plenty.

Though I do have quite a few in-person events planned for the upcoming months, two were cancelled, Mayhem in the Midlands and the Jane Austen Fest. I've found substitutes, the Jackass Mail Run (that's in my own backyard), and Killer Nashville this summer.

What I'm doing right now is a blog tour, and if you're interested, visit my blog for the stops.

Marilyn

5 comments:

Holli said...

I wish I could have gone- We took our oldest to Williamsburg when she was barely walking, stayed in Richmond and drove to Williamsburg one day and D.C. another. Now that she's 11, she would get so much more out of it.

As an aside, Marilyn will be guest hosting my blog on April 1. Everything is posted already and dated for 4-1, so the day just needs to roll around. I'll post again closer to the date to remind everyone to visit.

Holli Castillo
Gumbo Justice
Jambalaya Justice coming 2011

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

He, he, just realized that is April Fool's Day.

We camped out near Williamsburg with the three youngest of our 5 kids and visited for a day, I would've loved to have seen it again without the kids who weren't all that thrilled.

Sunny Frazier said...

I'm told (by a VERY reliable source) that you were very missed by the Epicon people and many asked after you. That's your crowd, you have won their hearts.

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Sunny, I missed being at Epicon. I'm reading your book to write a review for the Kings River magazine, planned on skimming, but it's just too delightful to do that. I feel like you're telling me the story.

Marilyn

Monti said...

Sorry you all couldn't have been in Williamsburg, a place I truly love. I play tennis there two days a week at the McCormick-Nagelsen Tennis Center which is part of the College of William and Mary. It was great to visit with Billie who just missed the beautiful weather we are having now. All those trees in the woodlands where the hotel is located must certainly be budding in the 80-degree weather!

Monti
MaryMontagueSikes