Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Mark Wahlberg

Julio (my husband, for those who don't know), has been getting a lot of extra work on t.v. and movies down here in N.O.. He has managed to give copies of my book, Gumbo Justice, to the director of the Green Lantern, and to a few casting agents. Yesterday, he was an extra on the film Contraband, starring Mark Wahlberg, and he happened to be in a scene with him.

During a lull, Julio told him that his wife had a present for him and gave him a copy of my book. He even told him he would make a great Shep, the lead male in the novel. Later, Julio saw Mark Wahlberg sitting in the car (he was in the car for the scene, driving up to a boat), reading my book.

It was all pretty exciting. I said as long as he doesn't leave a bad review on Amazon, I consider it a win. Even if he doesn't like it, at least somebody might see him reading it and decide to purchase it.

Friday, Julio is shooting Looper with Bruce Willis....

Holli Castillo
Gumbo Justice
Jambalaya Justice coming 2011

9 comments:

Kit Sloane said...

Holli, that is soooo cool!!!!! The closest I got to anything like that was when the FedEx driver came up and had a copy of one of my books on the front seat. I'll take your having Mark Wahlberg with your book over that anytime! What fun!

Kit

BillieJohn said...

Note to Julio: Nice work! Now think George Clooney!

Holli said...

No George Clooney yet, but he did work on one Brad Pitt produced,and he's trying to get on one with Nicholas Cage. I have a horrible feeling one night he's going to come back home with someone famous when I'm in pajamas, with no makeup, dirty hair, and my house a mess.

Holli

Clark Lohr said...

Cool!

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

I just love this. I read about it on DorothyL. Sounds like so much fun.

Kevin said...

Congratulations! You have a lot of people rooting for you. Don't worry about the makeup, you'll charm them with your personality and talent.

LauraR said...

That is WAY cool!

Holli said...

Julio is shooting right now on Looper with Bruce Willis- he's playing an Asian bouncer, if you can believe it. And yes, he took two of my books, some business cards, and bookmarks with him just in case.

Holli

Sunny Frazier said...

Is Julio available as a PR person for the rest of us?