Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Pot Thief Wins!

Greetings from historic Williamsburg Virginia!

EPICON has been great...lots of informative panels and excellent networking. The conference hotel's setting is in a woodland, lots of evergreen trees and others that still need a little warm weather to leaf out...still a breathtaking scene.

Mary Montague Sikes lives in this neighborhood, so she joined the event today, and even took me on a personal tour of the historic area. Huzzah!

And, as the headline says, Mike Orenduff's THE POT THIEF WHO STUDIED PTOLEMY took top honors in the Mystery Novel category.

So, tomorrow I head for home...very tired, but also very happy. What a thrill that three OTP books were finalists! And amid some formidable competition.

Seems as though the EPIC board is cooking up something special for next years meeting...details are TBA.

Billie Johnson

9 comments:

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

I am thrilled for Mike. I'm hoping that he'll join our promotion panel at PSWA and share his secrets.

So sorry I had to miss Epicon this year, first time since it began. Boo hoo!

Marilyn

Beverly Lauderdale said...

Congratulations, Mike, and thank you, Billie, for the succinct, yet enticing descriptions about Epicon.
I wish I could have been there. Sigh!

Beverly

Holli said...

Go Mike!!!! It's not only great for Mike but for everyone else at Oak Tree as well.

Sorry I had to miss Epicon as well, but maybe next year I'll get to go.

Holli Castillo
Gumbo Justice

Carol Crigger said...

Major congratulations to Mike and the other OTP Eppie finalists. With the number of entries, finaling is a huge accomplishment. One can tell Billie is tremendously proud.

And aren't the trophies great?

Carol Crigger

Sunny Frazier said...

It's time OTP picked up some awards and honors, and Mike and Marilyn are leading the pack! Not to sound too much like a cheerleader but LET'S KEEP THE MOMENTUM GOING! The Pot Thief series is getting lots of attention and Mike never hesitates to give Oak Tree and Billie its due. Kudos and backslaps all around.

BillieJohn said...

Marilyn...you must know how much you were missed at EPICON...I had so many people ask me why you hadn't come and tell me what fans they were of you and your writing, and of course, Hap. Hap seems to have his own following!

Of course, I totally agree with them!

G Thomas Gill said...

Congratulations, Mike. Looking forward to hearing any tips you may be willing to share.

Ellen Spain said...

Billie,

I am glad you enjoyed EPICon 2011. And by now, you have received all my EPIC letters. Thanks for helping EPIC.

Ellen Spain
Secretary for EPIC
Electronic Publishing Industry Coalition www.EPICorg.org
and www.EllenSpain.com

Monti said...

Congratulations to Mike. Enjoyed seeing him and his lovely wife last Saturday. Also, congratulations to the other Oak Tree finalists, Marilyn and Beverly.

Monti
MaryMontagueSikes