Thursday, April 28, 2011

In Person Book Appearances

This is my upcoming schedule. I'm mainly posting in case it might give some of you ideas. Sunny Frazier pointed me in the direction for a few of these.

The day this appears, I'll be headed to Southern California and Mt.San Antonio College, more commonly known as Mt. SAC. It's a long drive from our house, 3 1/2 hours, but is well worth it. It's a paying gig, few are, and I'm able to sell books.
(Because I have relatives in the area, we'll be doing a bit of visiting after.)

On Thursday, May 5th, I'm headed to West Hill College in Lemoore to talk about the promotion authors have to do these days. Not a paying gig, but only about an hour 1/2 drive.

The very next day we're leaving for Las Vegas, first stop my sister's. On Sunday, I'll be speaking to the Las Vegas chapter of Sisters in Crime at 2 p.m. about Where I Get My Ideas. (Think this one is at Barnes and Noble.)

On Friday, May 13, we're putting up our tent and selling books in Mooney Grove Park in Visalia for an all day event called Young at Heart geared at Senior Citizens.

On Thursday, May 19th at 5 p.m. I'll be appearing with two other mystery writers at the Cedar Clinton Library in Fresno.

I was supposed to be headed for Omaha and Mayhem in the Midlands at the end of the month, but it was cancelled. Boo hoo! One of my favorite conference. The good news is I'll be here for my great-grandson's high school graduation.

Marilyn
http://fictionforyou.com

3 comments:

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Correction! The Las Vegas Sisters in Crime is 3 p.m.

claremont cutie said...

Dear Sunny,

Your presentation at the Writer's Day Conference at Mt. Sac College in Walnut, California yesterday was an eye-opener.

Your welcoming attitude to fledgling writers is refreshing. Encouragement is what is needed on all levels!

it was a privilege hearing you speak and meeting with you at the one-on-one sessions.

marta chausée

Sunny Frazier said...

Thank you, Marta. Folks, Marta is an author I would have grabbed in a minute if her manuscript was completed. I'm sure Marilyn also found the students excited to learn our trade.

I will be commenting on the conference soon, still catching my breath. Got in yesterday afternoon and slept the day and night away.