Sunday, April 10, 2011

New to Oak Tree Press by Beryl Reichenberg


I am a new author to Oak Tree Press, so I would like to introduce myself with this first blog entry. I am an artist living in California. Recently, I have been writing and illustrating children stories. These stories are for young children up to ages six or seven. At the present time, I have more than 30 titles, all of which have been self-published. I am delighted to have this opportunity to publish my stories through Oak Tree Press.

The first book Oak Tree will be publishing is titled “Ants on a Log,” a tale about Jack the Rabbit who learns to like vegetables after eating a snack at school called ants on a log. For those who never heard of ants on a log, visualize a piece of celery filled with peanut butter topped with raisins. This story is based on a personal story about my son who refused to eat his greens until he discovered this healthy snack.

A former high school teacher, I am now retired. My first story was written four years ago for my two-year-old granddaughter. Now with four young grandchildren, I collect many more ideas for tales from things they say, their ever-changing interests and my own imagination. Sometimes, they are included as story characters. Using photographs of my grandchildren, I draw other animal characters floating them on drawn or photographic backgrounds with the computer, thus blending fantasy with the real world. Some of my books are in prose and some in verse.

I have also written a series of books about different kinds of animals and cultures based on personal, world travel experiences. In these books, I use my photographs and information gleaned from my travels to describe the habitats and lifestyles of various animals and people.

I look forward to meeting other members of the Oak Tree team in the coming months on this blog or in person.



Beryl Reichenberg

6 comments:

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Welcome, Beryl, how nice to have you join us. Having once been a pre-school teacher, I love children's books. (Having raised 5 kids, I would have loved your book way back then. People are smarter now.)

Best of luck,

Marilyn

WS Gager said...

Welcom Beryl. Your book sounds perfect for picky eaters! I didn't know Oak Tree did children's books!
Wendy
www,WsGager.com

BillieJohn said...

NEWSFLASH! Beryl is traveling...she prepared her post and set it to pop in today, which was smart of her.

Won't she be surprised when she comes home later this month and sees all these nice comments?

ANTS ON A LOG will be OTPs first children's book. I have long wished to get into that market, but finding the "just right" project has taken a long time.

Best,

Billie Johnson
Publisher

Sunny Frazier said...

Welcome, Beryl, to the Oak Tree Family. Marilyn M. and I are both in California, so it might be possible to meet with you at a promotional event.

Holli said...

Great to meet you Veryl, and your book sounds great. I'm so excited that Oak Tee is doing children's books now. My 9-year-old has been wanting me to write a children's book, but I don't know where I would find the time.

teracheapgold said...

This is a very interesting blog and so i like Cheap RS Gold and visit your blog again and again. Keep it up.Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. it ls a good article and love your words , so charming and make people learn a lot Runescape Gold, thanks !come to my site Cheap Runescape Gold for more cool games gold.