Sunday, May 15, 2011

Reaching Forward South

September 29-30, 2011
Northfield Inn – 3280 Northfield Drive
Springfield, Illinois
www.reachingforwardsouth.org

This is the date of the upcoming Reaching Forward South conference for library support staff. I have the opportunity to be a presenter and offer my books for sale at this event. It is my hope that everyone will want a copy of Fairytales Are Fragile!

Billie has mentioned many times the benefits of being part of a conference like this one. Having a chance to present will allow me to share information about the joys of writing, plus plug my book. The conference also offers a time and place to meet other central Illinois authors and learn from them. Knowing what it takes to start and finish a manuscript, I am always in awe of other authors and impressed by the tenacity we all need to get from point a to z.

While I find the tenacity to write the book to completion can be daunting, then once it is done, taking the time to promote it still needs to be followed as well. I think we all finish our books take great joy to learn that Oak Tree Press is going to publish our masterpiece, then sigh and sit down thinking "Yeah, I am done".

I guess we are done if we don't want to help sell our novel, taking the time to be a part of a book signing or conference helps the books move along. This particular conference also will give me contacts with some of the most important people in the reading world librarians.

As May rides out and June rides in, see what opportunities are available in your backyard!

Cindy Ladage

2 comments:

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

I am wishing you the best of luck. You are going to be doing one of my favorite things--talking about your book at a conference.

Marilyn

Sunny Frazier said...

Cindy, I stress that marketing is what makes an author successful. Personally, I love the whole marketing aspect of this industry and try hard to impart that to newcomers to the house. The fact that we pool our efforts and not only cross-promote but promote as a group representing OTP makes us very strong in a competitive field.