Monday, May 16, 2011

Want to Read a Prize-Winning Story?

Sunny Frazier

Hi everyone.

Years ago I wrote a story that picked up a 3rd place win in the Writers' Digest contest out of 19,000 entries. It was one of my earliest efforts and was printed in Valley Fever, an anthology of stories set in the Central Valley. Kind of collector's item now, we only printed 1,000 copies. I never felt the story got much chance for readers to take a look, but now it's up at http://kingsriverlife.com/05/14/fiesta-de-los-muertos/

You can win a copy of the book as well.

1 comment:

The Stiletto Gang said...

I don't know if you all realize how prestigious it was for Sunny to win that prize for her short story in the Writers Digest contest. I was a judge for these contests a long, long time ago and I was one of many, many judges and for my category I could only pick my top three choices--which is what each judge did. Only the cream of the crop got picked to be in the final judging. Sunny is a master at the short story.