Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Mission: Acquisitions

Sunny Frazier

Hi, everyone. Just wanted to announce a new marketing idea Billie has allowed me to put into play. It's called "Mission: Acquisitions." I'm featuring two books that have something in common and writing a blurb on the side of how they reached publication through our acquisitions process. I hope people will enjoy the insight on each author's journey. Billie has created an order form to go with it.

This is an attempt at cross-promoting each other. I'm starting with Lesley Diehl and Marja McGraw. I'm taking hard copies to the Sisters in Crime meeting this weekend.

To take a look, ask me to send you the attachment. I don't know how to get it in here.

I hope some of you will take the idea and create your own version. Note that the slogan I'm using is "Oak Tree Books: Help Us Grow." This is a bit stronger than "My book's for sale." Let your friends know that buying a book will keep us in business.

7 comments:

Kit Sloane said...

Hi Sunny,

I'd like the attachment. Sounds interesting!

thanks.

ksloane17@att.net

marja said...

Thank you for your confidence in my book, Sunny. Hope I can do ya proud.

marta chausée said...

Hello Ms. Sunny,

I would like the attachment, please. Can't wait till Maya French and the Resort to Murder Series are part of your commentary!

Marta Chausée
focusonaction@gmail.com

Bill Schweigart said...

Sunny put her chocolate in our peanut butter - great showcase for the authors AND a great peek behind the curtain for aspiring writers!

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

I'll be taking Angel Lost to the same SinC meeting.

Marilyn

CK said...

I'd like the attachment, too. I have an event on Saturday and could make them available.
Carol Crigger
TWO FEET BELOW

lace wedding gowns said...

Less is more. Our tea length wedding dresses best interpret the concept of amber-like purity by highlighting nothing but the texture of sheer fabrics. Close-fitted mermaid wedding dresses in fine structured physique inspire the thought of Grecian beauty, together with the air of hope and confidence towards life ooze out.