Friday, August 26, 2011

Crafty Killers

I'm blogging today at Killer Crafts and Crafty Killers http://anastasiapollack.blogspot.com/2011/08/book-club-friday-guest-author-mike.html, and giving away a free book to a randomly selected person who leaves a comment. The selection is by Lois, the host, so I can't guarantee that one of my Oak Tree friends will be chosen, but you can't win if you don't comment. Plus, you might be interested in what I say about why we read. Then again, you probably already know my answer.

Mike Orenduff

5 comments:

Patricia Gligor said...

I agree with you; I need to connect with the characters that I'm reading about because, if I don't, I simply don't care what happens to them.
The most intriguing plot in the world (if there is such a thing) won't compel me to read, or finish reading, a novel unless I can either identify with the main character and/or find her/him interesting.
I especially loved Judy Bolton mysteries by Margaret Sutton when I was a child and I attribute that to the fact that I "looked up to" her main character.

write my essays said...

interesting thoughts

custom essays said...

Very useful information! Thanks.

Aubrey Holderness said...

Thanks for expanding my horizons with a new perspective. You're correct, of course, that great books have great characters driving their plots, but I think many writers concentrate more on plot-driven stories. And, to be truly enjoyable, day-to-day life is also about the "characters" with whom we come in contact.

My mind is already churning with new approaches, and I can't wait to begin my next novel, just as soon as I finish my current endeavor. Best of luck with your new novel!

yuteralove said...

First off, the main goal is to learn how to make WOW Goldwhich certainly takes time and practice. However, you want a guide that will teach you the Cheap WOW Gold locations you should be in Azeroth and where you want to avoid going. When arriving at the right Buy Cheap WOW Gold, you want to know what items are worth buying and how quickly you want to be leveling up.