Tuesday, August 9, 2011

FYI

Sunny here, business as usual.

You know how your email gets cluttered with notifications of all those sites you were interested in but no longer monitor? Today, I did a bit of clean-up. I unsubscribed to sites that I really stopped being involved with a long time ago. However, I found a site I'd basically been ignoring. It's called Meet Up info@meetup.com I suppose it's everywhere but you are notified by your zip code.

Today I contacted two meet up groups to see if they would be interested in having me come and speak. The first was a group of women from the nearby Navy base. It can be boring and daunting to get stationed in a place you know nothing about. Good thing I write exclusively about the San Joaquin Valley! I also grew up on that base and have maintained my military ties with the American Legion. If this group accepts me, I can get them involved with other literary events in the area, such as the Hanford Book Fest, Sisters in Crime and my book launch.

The second group I contacted was a professional women's group. I also offered to speak, this time on being acquisitions editor for a small publisher house.

Tonight I'm speaking at the local Lion's Club. I met one of their members while on a train ride and he suggested me as a speaker.

I encourage all of you to investigate this site and see what groups are available to sell your novels.

2 comments:

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Good tip, Sunny.

Sarah Hall said...

Sometimes my email gets cluttered with notifications of all those sites I was interested in but no longer monitor. But this is not a big issue for me. Check http://proofreading-services.org/proofreader.php for more sales and offerings!