Tuesday, August 30, 2011

It's all about cooperation...

I feel like I've been walking under a lucky star the last two weeks and want to share the ride and recognize Jeana Thompson for all the work she does on behalf of Oak Tree authors. I just want to encourage everyone to do everything that Jeana asks for publicity for Oak Tree. Two weeks ago I received a great review for A Case of Hometown Blues" in the Lansing State Journal where I was called a “promising Michigan author” in the same article with Loren D. Estleman, one of my all time favorite authors! You can read it here: http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20110814/ENTERTAINMENT07/108140441/Michigan-writers-impress

Jeana must have sent them an ARC. On a side note, the reviewer owns a book store that I will surely be visiting in the next few days! Earlier this week Jeana sent out an email about Manic Readers. They also do a great job. My review is at
http://www.manicreaders.com/index.cfm?disp=reviews&bookid=16121  For a taste of it: “A Case of Hometown Blues is a good story with several twists and turns along the way. It clearly brings out the vulnerability of the protagonist as he searches for the truth. The remaining characters were well done and the plot was very good as well.”

My third review was from one of Sunny’s recommendations. John Brantingham said “I recommend "A Case of the Hometown Blues" for its realism and the fun you’ll have by following Malone.” See the entire review where he talks about psychopaths at
http://diamondbar.patch.com/blog_posts/a-case-of-hometown-blue-by-ws-gager

I’m not a superstitious person but I am feeling very lucky and honored. Third book, three great reviews and the hope that all this will begin to translate into getting the word out about my Mitch Malone Mysteries. It is never too early to begin talking about your book and lining people up to do reviews. Start early, quickly get Jeana everything she needs and don’t give up.
W.S. Gager
www.wsgager.blogspot.com

8 comments:

Anne R. Allen said...

Congrats on three great reviews!

Jeana_OTP_PR said...

Well Wendy , you have just made my job a very rewarding one. Thank you so much for your kind words! I work my hardest to try to promote all our OTP authors. It really is a team effort from our authors and all of us at OTP. You guys and gals are the true stars, It's my job to try, to make you all shine.

The Stiletto Gang said...

That was a wonderful blog, Wendy. I too want to commend Jeana, she's doing a terrific job.

Good reviews do warm our hearts.

It's like someone telling you how beautiful your baby is, or what a good kid you have.

Marilyn

custom research paper said...

Very good work! Thanks for sharing.

WS Gager said...

Thanks all for the comments. It is true that we are much stronger and better working together.
Wendy

C.K.Crigger said...

Lovely, great reviews. Keep'em coming, Wendy and Jeana.

Carol

Tess Grant said...

Great reviews on a great book! Three is your lucky number!

World Of Warcraft Gold said...

It's like somebody telling you how stunning your baby
When we play the WOW, we need to try get the WOW Gold Cheap,thst's to say, spend less money, do we have any good way to Buy WOW Gold from trust friends or some way else? When we have that we can play the game becomes more quickly and update the levels more easy.