Friday, September 9, 2011

Book Festival For All Ages in San Luis Obispo, CA

For the third year in a row, I'll be at the Central Coast Book and Author Festival in the San Luis Obispo Mission Plaza, Sunday September 18 from 10 am to 4 pm. Held each year by the Foundation for SLO County Public Libraries, this event features public readings, book sales and various workshops. Also included is a display at county libraries of handmade book art and illustrations for published books. I'll have a table at the festival selling my children books, will participate in the public readings and have had several of my handmade books and illustrations displayed at the public libraries.

Like many book festivals, I find it is great fun talking with the public, especially the children who stop by my table. I encourage them to write and illustrate their own stories and publish them. As part of that encouragement, I show them a book my 4 year old granddaughter Zoe, wrote and illustrated and a story of mine illustrated by another 6 year old little girl. This interaction also gives me ideas for new stories and allows me to see how these children react to my books and illustrations. I find that children are very honest critics. I'm looking forward to this year's festival. If you're in town, drop by, Beryl Reichenberg



4 comments:

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Beryl, I'll be there too. Look me up. I'm also giving a talk about Where I get My Ideas.

Marilyn

Beryl Reichenberg said...

Great Marilyn, What book are you promoting? I'll look for you. Beryl Reichenberg

Sunny Frazier said...

I'll be there with the Central Coast Sisters In Crime. They are one of my favorite chapters and I love doing this event every year with them. I will be manning the table as well as speaking. The venue is so beautiful, right in front of the Mission.

order essay said...

I really enjoyed this article. It is always nice when you read some thing that is not only informative but entertaining. Excellent!