Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Lingering Spirit is a Finalist for An Epic Award

Lingering Spirit is a romance with a touch of the supernatural.

It is now a finalist in the Supernatural/Metaphysical category in the Epic awards.

Lingering Spirit has a long history. The story is based on something that actually happened in our family long ago--and in fact, the book itself was written a long time ago. Then it was published as an e-book with a publisher that will not be named--it's enough for me to say that for various reason I pulled the book.

When I became acquainted with Billie Johnson and she'd published my Rocky Bluff P.D. crime novel (which was actually #5 in the series), she asked me if I had any other books. And of course, I gave her Lingering Spirit which became a trade paperback and then more recently appeared on Kindle, within the right time frame to be entered in the Epic contest.

I've had other books final in the Epic contest--some up against Mike Orenduff's wonderful Pot Thief series--and I've never won. Maybe this time will be a charm, who knows.

In any case, I'm thrilled. It's great to be a finalist again.

Marilyn
http://fictionforyou.com

15 comments:

Augie said...

Marilyn, this is wonderful...I wish you the best augie

essays online said...

Good thing !) Rewally nice post!

Michael Murphy said...

Best of luck. Looks like a great book.

Kit Sloane said...

Wow, congratulations, Marilyn! Could you describe the Epic awards to those of us not in the know?

Good for you!!!

Kit

Jeana_OTP_PR said...

Kuddos Marilyn! This is Wonderful news! I wish you the best of luck!

C.K.Crigger said...

Here's hoping for an Eppie to put on your shelf, Marilyn. They really are a lovely trophy--sez me who won one in 2008.

Got my fingers crossed for you..
Carol

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Kit, Epic is an organization for e-published authors and publisher who also do e-publishing. They have awards for all different kinds of genres.

I am thrilled to be a finalist.

Augie, Michael, Jeana and C.K., thank you so much.

Marilyn

Melanie Jackson, author, editor, piano student said...

Congratulations, Marilyn! And I'm enjoying the blog.

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Thank you, Melanie.

Marilyn

joomla templates said...

I am following your blog regularly and got great information. I really like the tips you have given. Thanks a lot for sharing. Will be referring a lot of friends about this.

narrative essay said...

Photos are great this is really interesting and nice!

John said...

Congratulations. What a wonderful honor!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Marilyn! Hope you win!
Sally Carpenter
"The Baffled Beatlemaniac Caper"

buy essay said...

Great article. Thanks for it.

Best Essay Writing said...

What may be the topic, but it requires to be interesting and helpful in anyway to the readers. You have made the same here in this good post and i really loved the move.

Thanks :)