Thursday, September 1, 2011

Writing is a Passion by Marva Dale

Since my retirement, I've concentrated on my love of writing.  My first published book came about as a fluke when I sent my query and manuscript to the wrong publisher.  Fortunately, the publisher liked my writing and now I have eight ebooks published through booksofdesire.com in the sexy romance genre, and written under my pen name of Deborah Merrell.  Now, under the nom de plume of Marva Dale, I'm proud to say I'm a new author with Oak Tree Press.  My new series, Death by the Decade, features a murder mystery within each decade, staring with my 1920s novel, Deah of a Flapper.  I really find it exciting as well as educating delving into the series and coming up with new story lines.  So far, I'm up to the '70s, and my working titles include Fatal Follies (30s), Dangerous Victory (40s), Blue Suede Kill (50s) and Decease Signs (60s).  
So, I've been writing, writing, writing!  Thankfully, I have a very understanding husband who encourages my passion, whether I'm writing as Deborah Merrell or Marva Dale.  If you'd like to find out more about my work please visit my website at:  merrellspassion.info.  Plus, you can follow me on Twitter @merrellspassion and FaceBook.  To  me, writing is a great passion and I do it because I love it!  And I'm just thrilled that others enjoy reading my works.  Salud and happy reading!  --Deborah Merrell/Marva Dale.

5 comments:

essay help said...

Great! Thanks for post.

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

What a great idea for a series, Marva! Congratulations for joining the Oak Tree family.

Patricia Gligor said...

Marva,
What a great idea for a mystery series! I've read that, in order to be happy, a person needs three things: someone to love, something to do and something to look forward to. In "Writing is a Passion," it's clear to me that you have all three. Happy writing!

williamdoonan said...

That's a lot of research! Historical fiction is a challenge. For my upcoming archaeological mystery, American Caliphate, I set a chapter in sixteenth century Spain. And that took a lot of work. I had to go back and do some fact checking. Yes, it was OK to have a character eat a potato - the first spuds were just coming in from Peru. But the iPod had to go.

William Doonan www.williamdoonan.com

Sunny Frazier said...

Yes, I discovered Marva in the many terrific manuscripts that come across my e-mail and I knew we had a winner! Her book is going to be a companion piece with Waifs of the Wasteland by another new author, Wayne Beauvais. They both take place in Hollywood in the 20's. Nice!